A Banksy artwork covered with plexiglass in Chinatown, San Francisco
Hello there! This week has been great! I’ve been settling into a rhythm of regular work, getting some exciting new projects on the horizon and gearing up for a long weekend away! Monday is Labor Day here in the US, and we’re going to skip town and head to Yosemite National Park for the weekend. I can’t wait!
To tide you over, here’s some cool stuff for you to check out online…
- Are you just starting out with your web business, or thinking of getting started? Delay no longer! Serena Star Leonard’s awesome Website Launchpad course will give you all the tools and inspiration necessary to get it happening.
- Also for newbies, FTP can be pretty intimidating. There are files everywhere, and it’s important where you put stuff to avoid bringing your whole site down. Eek! Thankfully, wpbeginner has a handy guide for using FTP for beginners.
- The Thinkmap Visual Thesaurus lets you look up words in an entirely new way. So engrossing!
- Have a look at your September blackout horoscope, courtesy of Austin Kleon. Mine says “eat a sandwich.” I just might!
- 31 wacky couches on Web Urbanist. I’m not sure I can see any of these in my home!
- Karol Gadja shares the No B.S. Truth About Popups. I have to say, I totally agree! I’m also going to attempt to institute a no linking to sites with popups policy. Friends don’t let friends use popups…
- Seth Godin laments the current state of web typography, and looks forward to the future.
- 10 things to do after installing WordPress. How many of them have you done?
- Smashing Magazine shares some innovative techniques to simplify sign-ups and log-ins.