Mondrian cake at Blue Bottle coffee, SFMOMA. One of my favourite artists!
My parents are visiting at the moment, so I’ve had a busy week! It’s a challenge to fit work in around spending as much time with them as possible. I hope I’ve been doing a decent job at it, though. I certainly don’t want to upset any clients!
This week has seen us go to a Giants game, an incredible talk by Even Ensler (sign up to be part of the One Billion Rising!) and of course lots of shopping (the Aussie dollar is still strong!).
So I haven’t been hanging out too much online, but here are some great things I found anyway…
- Jessica Hische explains the Dark Art of freelance pricing. Must read for freelancers!
- There’s only a few days left to sign up for the amazing Website Launchpad course. Get up and running with your website in a matter of weeks!
- Where’s the fold? helps you to see where the “fold” (the area able to be seen without scrolling) on any website is, at any screen resolution.
- It’s a no-brainer to have a form on your website to opt-in to an email newsletter (or something similar). But where to put it? Check out this list of the top 10 places for inspiration.
- Smashing Magazine laments the lost art of design etiquette between designers and developers. Since I’m usually doing both of these things, it’s not a huge concern for me! But when I do work with someone else, these guidelines are super important.
- The new WP101 Tutorial Plugin is a subscription plugin that puts WordPress tutorial vidoes right on your dashboard.
- The creator of WordPress, Matt Mullenweg, discusses why it’s important for your company to have a creed. Do you have one?
- Some superb examples of playing with your food.
- Responsive web design is certainly the hot topic of the Internet at the moment. Here’s an inspiring round-up of some great responsive designs.
- Are you selling software or a web application through your website? Then you probably want to use screenshots to illustrate your product. Get inspired with these examples of using screenshots in web design.
- I love these RGB artworks that look different as the lighting changes. Genius!
I’m off to enjoy more of this Indian Summer we’ve been having. See you at Hardly Stricly Bluegrass this weekend?