I’m not cool enough to use the Hipstamatic app on my iPhone often, but I was inspired on my daily walk today. My apartment is in the street in the bottom left!
Wow, I can’t believe it’s Friday already! This week has been a blur, with lunch meetings, webinars and Mexican food. My favourite!
I have also been digging lots of stuff online this week. Here’s my curated collection…
- Of course, the big news this week were the riots in London, Birmingham and other cities in Britain. While there were many devastating stories and images, there were also uplifting ones. For example, I loved this impromptu bulletin board forming a “physical hashtag” in Peckham.
- The Dutch have come up with the most exciting thing in public transport since escalators – the “transfer accelerator” (read: “awesome slide”) in Utrecht brings the fun back to train travel. When you’re in a hurry to catch your train, why walk down the stairs when you can sliiiiiiiiiiide…?
- Some pop-up books even adults will love.
- Under The Site lets you see the technologies in place behind any site. This is a really handy tool for getting inspiration about whether a site is using WordPress, which plugins they’re using and more!
- For a more conceptual, artistic look at the “back” of websites, Back of a Webpage is a clever and humorous take on what websites would look like if we were looking at them from behind the screen.
- If you love infographics as much as I do, I can guarantee you’ll like Visual.ly – a whole database of them!
- The amazing Chris Guillebeau asked his readers how they would come up with an extra $300-500 in the next 30 days. Check out their answers for some smart inspiration for making a couple of extra bucks.
- Art of the Menu is a website dedicated to the sometimes great, sometimes mostly unreadable world of menu design. Fascinating!
What are you up to this weekend? I’m going to SF WordCamp, which is very exciting. I hope to have lots of amazing content from there to share with you over the coming weeks!